Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catching Up and more...
Here I am - this is me
There's no where else on earth I'd rather be
Here I am - it's just me and you
And tonight we make our dreams come true..

It's been so long...real long time...i believe 2 yrs it is since i have been here perhaps...To think of it ..it seems such a long time but then you realize it just passed in a whisker.
So, What has changed in the past 2 years?
Quite a lot and perhaps nothing at all...I guess thats life..It amazes you and it makes you look at it hard to realize anything that it has offered you.I
have always said..I am no writer..not so good in organized writings...So I will just try and pen down whatever comes to my mind..about today..about the 2 years that passed by while i was away.
Today:
As Most of you who know me and have read me know, i used to work as a software engineer..I still do..so same on that front as such, nothing new...this year in July turned 27..not something to boast of or to be proud of but yes i did Smile..single..which again is not big achievement...Currently I am in India and have been here so for about past 4 months..Life is okay as such, quite busy in work, so not much of spare time there...haven't written a word for past 2 yrs..writing here first time after all this time..Ann, u said u read me somewhere but no i have not written a word in past 2 yrs..so this is after 2 yrs..whew long time eeh..So thats present..not really interesting right...well I warned I never was a interesting character right Smile

flashback to about 2 yrs ago..
I was working in France..when i lost touch with most of you...I came back from France to India..Was in India for about 2 months..little did i know my next assignment will take me to the Land of the rising Sun..Tokyo, japan.I was to work there for a leading mobile handset developer based in Europe...afraid rules restrict telling the name...I was in Japan for about 14-15 months.Also, 1 month i was in Sweden, got to see Denmark being close by...before i returned back to India about 4 months ago.So got to see some new things..new places..new cultures and meet new people..sure was nice.I did had a good time...sometimes hectic sometimes lazy but well a good time for sure..

My experiences of these places:
Tokyo, Japan..a thing that always amazed me was the language..fascinating but always gave me a scare...and well my worst fears did come true..Day 2 of landing in Japan.Wanted to buy Sugar..simple enough just go to a mall and buy it! well, i did! but heres the catch..nothing in English on any of the items in the mall..problem..but how difficult can finding sugar be...i zeroed in on 3 packets with some white powder...has to be one i thought...no point asking anyone, not a soul knew English and i had failed miserably at the sign language just first day at Marita airport...bought all the 3 hoping at least one should be sugar...came home realized all were salt! That was the initial days,hard but i lived and lived to get better...better at sign language and observing people...sadly never got my head to learn Nihongo..

The hardworking Japanese..
World always hears japenese are very hardworking...I got a first hand experience..just new in Japan..wanted to get the wireless internet up and running..just there was a stall of Yahoo BB the service provider at the metro station i lived at..thought of just inquiring...i inquired with the japenese guy with kind of ok English, all talks done with ..needed to fill a form..needing house address...now little did i remember the address not to say just new there in japan and all the names sounded same, i apologized and said will come back the next day with the address..what should the guy do? he asked me to lead him up to my place...so he would know the address and he can write that up for me and we can finish the deal the same day!! makes some impression!!!
At work too i got this impression that yes hardworking for sure...u ask a cop for directions...he cant explain you..well he might actually take u to that place with him!

Some Indifference..
Yes i happened to realize there is some indifference for someone from outside working in Japan..An American will be treated as a demi god..an European just a lil lower than American...An Asian well...better not say it...yes there is a indifference but well not all people are indifferent...i have grown to believe that it all depends on each person not anything else...Many people were outrightly helpful and some rude...in the end all evens out i believe.

Sweden/Denmark..
Nice places was there for a month...couldn't move out a lot though...the work schedule was really hectic...Would like to say though...the people were helpful and they surely know how to enjoy their life..One of the most amazing was the underwater bridge that connects Sweden and Denmark...Oresund bridge..you don't realize the creativity of it when u travel in the train through it but well i happend to realize it when i saw it from the plane flying back to Japan and it was a view to treasure...just amazing! definitely would want to spend some more time there if time and fate permits.

All on your own..
Being there in Japan for all this long...learned to a lot of things, which u usually don't back at home...Learned cooking ..now that was a big learning
experience..from being not able to make a cup of tea to a entire dinner or lunch..definitely a big improvement! sure my mom is proud Smile

Finally back Home..
About 15 months in Japan..and then i really felt like coming back home...well i enjoyed staying there and all the things but well happiness is where the heart is and u may be in the best exotic places in the world but your homeland always seems the best and beckons..So Finally I decided to come back to India and i did...had many memories ..the one s which will be cherished...people i worked with..stayed with...went places with...still just flashes back and just seems like yesterday....just leaves me with a bit of a tear and twinkle both..

So this is it...perhaps many other things but too hard to put them to words...and well if life could be written in words..would it be life??
And as always..I will say...
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.."

and with that just walk on singing...

When you want it - When you need it
You'll always have the best of me
I can't help it - believe it
You'll always get the best of me

Sometimes words are hard to find
I'm looking for that perfect line.......

what a great post!
I could get into it like a book or a movie
that took courage to go to a country where you are so much of an outsider
learning how to cook when you can't find the sugar is making it all up hill
very brave of you indeed

I like your wisdoms as you can see,
they are brought over from spysuc and the old forum

things you write help me find my courage

after being single by choice for the past 24 years I came across someone who I was very taken by some 32 years ago
we have had what I'd call a torrid love affair over the past, not quite a year
it was not till the end of June she finally moved in and by aug 1st she left
it is very complex
it is very VERY important to me, this person is
I pray about her and I all the time
just so heavy, I wouldn't know how to capsulize it.
she is so very important to me!
that is the best I can do to put you in touch with my feelings.
I have been very sad because people around me are all hurting for different reasons and
for me to pray for something as frivilous as a love affair to succeed
well, at times I have felt very sad about a lot of things.

lots of my pets have died
after 11 & 1/2 years I finally got below the 4 dog limit and moved home
that made all the difference!
now I can rent out the little house and not be so broke!
It was really bare bones
I at least have DSL now Smile
see the stuff in the screening room?

Those of us whose egos are within reach don't always seem very interesting to ourselves. So don't sell yourself short Wink

I'm not much older than you, and I can relate to the whole, "I have changed,... at least I think I have changed" reflectiveness.

Great story, even if it is a summary. I'm sure you have a lot of interesting anecdotes to tell. I really laughed at your sugar/salt dilemma. I don't get to travel much at all, even though I have probably been to more places than the average American.

I hope you get to come by here more often. And that goes for myself as well.
Hey Ann, Frank always sweet comments from you both Smile
thank you so much..
Hope you are doing well Frank...Really hope to talk more Smile Do keep us informed of your adventures..
aloksave Wrote:Here I am - this is me
There's no where else on earth I'd rather be
Here I am - it's just me and you
And tonight we make our dreams come true..

It's been so long...real long time...i believe 2 yrs it is since i have been here perhaps...To think of it ..it seems such a long time but then you realize it just passed in a whisker.
So, What has changed in the past 2 years?
Quite a lot and perhaps nothing at all...I guess thats life..It amazes you and it makes you look at it hard to realize anything that it has offered you.I
have always said..I am no writer..not so good in organized writings...So I will just try and pen down whatever comes to my mind..about today..about the 2 years that passed by while i was away.
Today:
As Most of you who know me and have read me know, i used to work as a software engineer..I still do..so same on that front as such, nothing new...this year in July turned 27..not something to boast of or to be proud of but yes i did Smile..single..which again is not big achievement...Currently I am in India and have been here so for about past 4 months..Life is okay as such, quite busy in work, so not much of spare time there...haven't written a word for past 2 yrs..writing here first time after all this time..Ann, u said u read me somewhere but no i have not written a word in past 2 yrs..so this is after 2 yrs..whew long time eeh..So thats present..not really interesting right...well I warned I never was a interesting character right Smile

flashback to about 2 yrs ago..
I was working in France..when i lost touch with most of you...I came back from France to India..Was in India for about 2 months..little did i know my next assignment will take me to the Land of the rising Sun..Tokyo, japan.I was to work there for a leading mobile handset developer based in Europe...afraid rules restrict telling the name...I was in Japan for about 14-15 months.Also, 1 month i was in Sweden, got to see Denmark being close by...before i returned back to India about 4 months ago.So got to see some new things..new places..new cultures and meet new people..sure was nice.I did had a good time...sometimes hectic sometimes lazy but well a good time for sure..

My experiences of these places:
Tokyo, Japan..a thing that always amazed me was the language..fascinating but always gave me a scare...and well my worst fears did come true..Day 2 of landing in Japan.Wanted to buy Sugar..simple enough just go to a mall and buy it! well, i did! but heres the catch..nothing in English on any of the items in the mall..problem..but how difficult can finding sugar be...i zeroed in on 3 packets with some white powder...has to be one i thought...no point asking anyone, not a soul knew English and i had failed miserably at the sign language just first day at Marita airport...bought all the 3 hoping at least one should be sugar...came home realized all were salt! That was the initial days,hard but i lived and lived to get better...better at sign language and observing people...sadly never got my head to learn Nihongo..

The hardworking Japanese..
World always hears japenese are very hardworking...I got a first hand experience..just new in Japan..wanted to get the wireless internet up and running..just there was a stall of Yahoo BB the service provider at the metro station i lived at..thought of just inquiring...i inquired with the japenese guy with kind of ok English, all talks done with ..needed to fill a form..needing house address...now little did i remember the address not to say just new there in japan and all the names sounded same, i apologized and said will come back the next day with the address..what should the guy do? he asked me to lead him up to my place...so he would know the address and he can write that up for me and we can finish the deal the same day!! makes some impression!!!
At work too i got this impression that yes hardworking for sure...u ask a cop for directions...he cant explain you..well he might actually take u to that place with him!

Some Indifference..
Yes i happened to realize there is some indifference for someone from outside working in Japan..An American will be treated as a demi god..an European just a lil lower than American...An Asian well...better not say it...yes there is a indifference but well not all people are indifferent...i have grown to believe that it all depends on each person not anything else...Many people were outrightly helpful and some rude...in the end all evens out i believe.

Sweden/Denmark..
Nice places was there for a month...couldn't move out a lot though...the work schedule was really hectic...Would like to say though...the people were helpful and they surely know how to enjoy their life..One of the most amazing was the underwater bridge that connects Sweden and Denmark...Oresund bridge..you don't realize the creativity of it when u travel in the train through it but well i happend to realize it when i saw it from the plane flying back to Japan and it was a view to treasure...just amazing! definitely would want to spend some more time there if time and fate permits.

All on your own..
Being there in Japan for all this long...learned to a lot of things, which u usually don't back at home...Learned cooking ..now that was a big learning
experience..from being not able to make a cup of tea to a entire dinner or lunch..definitely a big improvement! sure my mom is proud Smile

Finally back Home..
About 15 months in Japan..and then i really felt like coming back home...well i enjoyed staying there and all the things but well happiness is where the heart is and u may be in the best exotic places in the world but your homeland always seems the best and beckons..So Finally I decided to come back to India and i did...had many memories ..the one s which will be cherished...people i worked with..stayed with...went places with...still just flashes back and just seems like yesterday....just leaves me with a bit of a tear and twinkle both..

So this is it...perhaps many other things but too hard to put them to words...and well if life could be written in words..would it be life??
And as always..I will say...
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.."

and with that just walk on singing...

When you want it - When you need it
You'll always have the best of me
I can't help it - believe it
You'll always get the best of me

Sometimes words are hard to find
I'm looking for that perfect line.......

hey bro! :peace:

so good to see you again! Big Grin

my email: sinner1man@gmail.com

hey LW bro thanks for being here and welcoming me..really means a lot...i wrote you a mail...did you check it??
I haven't heard from him this weekend
I think he is busy talking to a certain woman ..
weekend rates are lower