Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone anyone?
did apple use the best keyboard for the iphone?
evidently not}

iPod touch keyboard trounces iPhone’s: multi-language support, multiple keyboards and more

Posted 13 September 2007 @ 11am in News

The iPod Touch will sport keyboard functionality that is far more robust than the iPhone’s (in its current form) according to an 85-page features guide recently published by Apple.

The iPod touch provides keyboards in 14 different languages, and supports the following keyboard formats: see article}
http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2007/09/13/ip...-and-more/

There's more [anyone wanting to buy the iphone] should know}
http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2007/09/12/ip...re-update/
iPhone unlocks use buffer overflow — nearly guaranteed to be broken by next Apple firmware update

Posted 12 September 2007 @ 5pm in News

In its (quite excellent) tutorial for unlocking the iPhone freely, without the use of any commercial tools, MacApper notes that the current iPhone unlock process (which is also the basis of the commercial [$50-$100] iPhoneSimFree hack) makes use of a buffer overflow exploit (as also noted by Geek Stuff).

This makes it almost certain that the current software unlock process will be disabled by Apple with a future iPhone software/firmware update, if nothing else as as a result of plugging the buffer exploit vulnerability for security reasons.

this is telling me Apple lacks pride in their workmanship, it's all just CrApple!
http://meetingplace.createmybb.com/showt...hp?tid=325

DON'T DO THE UPDATE a bunch of stuff will stop working if you do!

Apple sends iPhone hackers back to the drawing board: 1.1.1 firmware uses different encryption scheme

Posted 27 September 2007 @ 3pm in News

“It’s a cat-and-mouse game,” said Steve Jobs. “We try to stay ahead. People will try to break in, and it’s our job to stop them breaking in.”

The cat has caught the mouse, for now.

In a serious setback for the capability to install third-party native applications on the iPhone, as well as activate the device without an AT&T SIM card, Apple has changed the encryption methodology for the iPhone with the 1.1.1 firmware/software update, meaning that old processes for “jailbreaking” the device — putting it into a mode where files can be written to and from the phone — are now defunct.

As explained by our friend Lucas Newman who worked to develop the first third-party native game for the iPhone (”Lights Out!”) and put together an informal SDK for the device, finding the encryption key is harder now. “It used to be plaintext in the RAM disk,” said Newman. “But they changed it, and no one knows how to get at it quite yet.”

We previously reported that none of the current tools for jailbreaking the iPhone, including AppTapp, iNdependence, iActivator, iBrickr, etc.

The new encryption method is apparently similar to that used by the iPod touch, which hackers have thus far had little success in jailbreaking.

Apple’s change is also bad news for tools that make modifications without requiring jailbreaks, like Ambrosia Software’s iToner, designed to add ringtones to the device without going through iTunes. Ringtones placed on the iPhone by that application did not survive the update to firmware/software version 1.1, and new ringtones cannot be transferred to devices that have been updated.

While this is certainly a serious curve-ball Apple has thrown, the iPhone hacking community’s ingenuity shouldn’t be underestimated. It was a matter of hours before jailbreak tools were rewritten to properly function with the last firmware update; while the current release appears to be of a different structure entirely, the hacking community is already banging on the door. In the words of one poster to the Hackintosh forums (where iPhone hacking efforts are rampant): “the fun starts again”
This only furthers my stance that the product isn't worth the gimmicks, or the money, ... or the hassle.
I think we can turn our lap tops into telephones, want to try?
I have ohphone on this Ti book
I sent you the newer OhphoneX a long time ago!
we can try to call each other's IP address.
here's what it looks like}
[attachment=242]
http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/10/iphon...confirmed/

It's more fun to read t where others are adding to it} http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid...10/1211240
we get it here unlocked in the grey market and ready to use with any service provider! viva India!
get it while you can.
I think it was at slashdot or maybe Mac fix-it I read
the next generation will have a way for crapple to know where you are.
they can send new "updates" to your iphone and stop it from working.
..oh wait, isn't that what crapple's updates Usually do? stop shit from working?

vote with your wallet = don't feed the foot that stands on your freedoms :foot: