Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my story this week
Exclamation 
last sunday i woke up at 2am with pain, my left testicle was swollen and was killing me. i had this happen to me some times before , i usually left it alone and it became fine in a few hours. so i tried to go to sleep. i couldn't sleep that night.
in the morning i took some painkillers and went to university (in israel sunday is like monday in the US) after my two classes the pain came back and i was in deep pain again, i went back home , took more pain killers and took a nap.
then a phone call.
"you dont know me", she said, "but i am a friend of your friend and i know this will sound very weird and spontaneous but i want you on a plain to the UK tomorrow morning at 7am"
it seems that there is a conference in the UK about boycotting israel's academy because its anti arab. she is part of an organization called academic freedom.
she did some research an it looks like that the people in the conference who will vote about this thing didnt know anything about israel's academy so she decided to sent four , two arabs two jews, students to the conference in a boot she wanted to call "meet the israely students" to show the people who are they talking about.
one of those students had someone died in his family and couldn't go, so she asked me to replace him. it will be 7 day "trip", and in the last two days we will go to london and just walk around.
oh and they will be paying for everything; plane, hotels, food!
i could not say no, even with the short notice.
that was the best phone call i had for a long time.
i took my passport out and started preparing, but suddenly the pain came back.
i tried to ignore it as much as i can but it got to a point where it was really bad.
i had to go to the hospital.
the doctor took a look. told me to cancel my uk trip and to go into an emergency surgery.
what an irony! i just got the invitation to travel to london and had to cancel it after 2 hours!!!!
in the surgery room i was starting to go to sleep before the surgery started.
i remember seeing the headlights above me dancing slowly.
then it was over.
i had testicular torsion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicular_torsion
i had it for 18 hours ! usually if someone has it for more than 6 hours the testicle dies and the doctors remove it.
but i was lucky (was i?) and somehow even after 18 hours the testicle survived.
but it happens to 1 in 5000 men, so was i lucky?
and if all that is not enough, i lost a week at the university, we just got back from a 40 day strike to we are tight on the subject and have to study harder.

i was in the hospital for 3 days and then i stayed at my parent's.
now i am feeling better, not normal yet but better.

could a writer come up with this?

then the post goes unseen for 15 days!
When I get a reply [to a thread] notice I use it to get to the post.
This is a new thread so it didn't generate a notice and since there were other posts made in this section, this post only showed on the portal page!

I'm sorry Northfork!
this is very bad news, a missed vacation and a painful surgery too!
Next time you hurt, anywhere, go do something about it but
pain pills are not good, they mask the pain and then you get in trouble.
gotta listen to your body!
That is a BUMMER!

I guess you're back in school now?
shit, I wish you could get out of there!
the politics sound like they've gotten more dangerous.

*edited

from your link}

The surgeon may suture both testicles as a preventative effort. Confusedhudder:
:bollocks: {are they as good as new?
you said your GF is coming soon.
Wow, that's some crazy story!
While reading it, I was worried that you were going to say that you had cancer, but when I looked back at how you described your symptoms I figured it might be testicular torsion (I learned about it through a cartoon of all things: http://www.tv-links.co.uk/link.do/2/169/464/6402/10885 )

It's too bad you missed out on that trip. Did you hear anything else from that?

Glad you're feeling better!
i thought you read the story but didnt know what to say Smile
it was rough but its over now.
and ye its as good as new (well almost Tongue)
my gf is coming at 6/9, we want to try to rent a house and live together for a year and then try to go to san francisco!!

"It's too bad you missed out on that trip. Did you hear anything else from that?"
ye that sucked a lot. no i havent heard any news neither.

"my gf is coming at 6/9, we want to try to rent a house and live together for a year and then try to go to san francisco!!"

That is major!
You are not done with school yet
will you have to work and go to school?
to make money for rent and food?

That makes me happy but why S.F.?
yes i still have a semester to finish my school. but i should be working and studing.
i dont have any money now. so i need to work.

my gf want san Francisco couse she thinks she can start her nonprofit organization there, and i love san Francisco.
you think you love san francisco .. till you get in it.
It looks better from across the bay!
has she a place to stay?
maybe my house will be empty again by then.
I'm getting 12,00 a month now but it should be $1,400
so... you dont like san Francisco?
I guess not.
I wouldn't drive over than bridge again for anything they have to offer!
It is congested, it is crazy and everything costs too much.

Gay Day parade is this coming Sunday.
If Yvonne makes it down here from Alaska
I doubt if either of us will go over there.
Well, if he wants to go to SF, I definitely recommend taking the BART train. It's faster and not a hassle... though I know you don't like the speed of it, Annette. I do have to agree that going over that bridge is a nightmare. It stays choked up even when rush-hour is over.
that retrofitting is making it worse.
the morning you had to cross to go home was the day they rerouted traffic again.
no doubt it was a mess and will be a mess until they are finished.
they drive too fast for the road, in my opinion.

being a tourist trap means people are on the road who are not familiar with it.
maybe that's why so many drivers seem like they don't know where they are going?
That's possible. People drive like that in the city often. But you're probably right that people drive too fast on that bridge. When it comes to people living close to big cities, they always seem to be late for something, and usually aren't.
northfork Wrote:yes i still have a semester to finish my school. but i should be working and studing.
i dont have any money now. so i need to work.

my gf want san Francisco couse she thinks she can start her nonprofit organization there, and i love san Francisco.

ask her about Marin County.
Sausilito is Beautiful!
and the people have money.
S.F. is changing rapidly for the worst.
I heard on the news the Mayor is closing the only homeless shelter.
And, they are planning to put high rises on Treasure Island!

Frank, can you imagine having cars coming onto the bridge [in mid-span] as crowded as it is now?
The island was created for a world's fair and it has been sinking ever since.
I read an article [40 years ago] it was sinking by INCHES each year!
now they want to build a mini city on it.
.. let's join hands and pray for the quake to knock sense into the greedy bastards.
They're about to shit down the throat of "quality of life"
..somebody go shoot "the Donald" before he buys it!
I over heard that the plans for Treasure Island and other spots in the bay area are being done through a developer from Florida who bought the land from the government and the city.

It's shocking to know that the island wasn't meant to be permanent, and they're planning on having people live there as it sinks. Stupid. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen!

About the homeless situation: I noticed while walking though SF and Berkeley, how huge the homeless population is! I never thought New York was ever that bad, while knowing how bad it is up in Boston, but I think The Bay Area is worse. To close a shelter is just plain evil!

When I was walking along the waterfront, a few homeless people approached me as they were selling newspapers for $1 that they had put together. That money was supposed to go towards up-keeping the shelters (and yes, I bought one, I couldn't say no to someone worse off than myself).
Treasure Island will liquify in a quake.
they just had a fire there and needed a fire boat to put it out, the water pressure was so bad.

law suits {does anyone win? I think, just the lawyers do.
getting sued surely isn't seeming to be a deterrent.

can you see the cars lined up trying to enter the already crowded bridge?
I'd rather see the island sink to the botttom of the bay!

frankybonz Wrote:When I was walking along the waterfront, a few homeless people approached me as they were selling newspapers for $1 that they had put together. That money was supposed to go towards up-keeping the shelters (and yes, I bought one, I couldn't say no to someone worse off than myself).

They'd starve if they waited for me to feel guilty.
I think it is our homeless outreach programs that are the reason we have so many homeless in Berkeley.
Neighboring cities don't have the programs, nor the homeless.
I can see taking care of people who were born here, raised here but I don't want to pay out of my pocket for every dirty vagrant who findes his/her way here!
I'm pretty pissed off at the long list of services Berkeley provides at My Expense!
There are things they could be doing to earn those vouchers for food and motels,
how about making them Do something for it?

In California the population of street people skyrocketed in the 70's when good ol boy, ronnie regan let most of the nuts out of the state hospitals.
those ones I see wandering on san Pablo and University Aves, a load in their pants, shouldn't be loose, they can't even function!
They scoop them up when they pass out on the street, then they are right back out there doing it again.
I don't think the "city services" is doing anything but feeding off the problem.
Looking at the list of services, all those jobs will go "poof" if they ever really solved the homelss problem so it will never get solved.

Just like crime, the cops getting money from property seizures sez to me, though they are sworn to get rid of crime, they will always need criminals to survive.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation my story this week 2 northfork 4 1,256 07-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Annette