Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The weather here now is ...
tomorrow?
What about tomorrow?
tomorrow is the 28th.
You said your departure date is the 28th?
or are you already planning to leave?
I was corssing my fingers you'd get the job of your dreams
No, my departure from San Francisco is March 28th
hmm, I hoped you wouldn't want to leave.
heh, well, that's usually the case for most places I visit. There are only two that come in mind that I had no problems leaving: Las Vegas, NV, and Orlando, FL.
I've never been to Vegas but some of those hotels with the elaborate pools look mighty tempting.
what was your complaint(s)?
I've had fun at Vegas, but it has a time limit. It grows old real quick. I find myself wanting to go home after 3 days there... and I usually come out ahead at the tables, so losing isn't the reason.
I think that it's a place to experience for it's surealness at least once in your life. I could go back if I wanted to, but there's nothing pulling me out there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weather today was awful! I hate driving in the rain, and today was one of those days where the rain was coming down so heavily that you're forced to slow down because of hydroplaning. Up her, where I live in NY, I'm surrounded by lakes and rivers, and they always flood when it rains like this. The other problem is that we had some snowfall from Monday that hadn't totally melted, so that made the problem worse!

In my area specifically we had the largest rainfall amount of 3.26 inches! After I got home, I found puddles in the basement. It wasn't so bad, just a 30 minute cleanup.

At the old house in NJ, we had about 6" or more of water in the basement, which we had to collect in buckets and toss outside. If only we had a wet/dry vac...
Frankybonz Wrote:I've had fun at Vegas, but it has a time limit. It grows old real quick. I find myself wanting to go home after 3 days there... and I usually come out ahead at the tables, so losing isn't the reason.
I think that it's a place to experience for it's surealness at least once in your life. I could go back if I wanted to, but there's nothing pulling me out there.
The way I'd like to experience Vegas is in the most lavish suite.
I saw the Hugh Hefner Suite at the Palms .. W0W!
A private pool in the suite hangs off the front of the building!

I'd miss my dogs too much to go without them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frankybonz Wrote:The weather today was awful! I hate driving in the rain, and today was one of those days where the rain was coming down so heavily that you're forced to slow down because of hydroplaning. Up her, where I live in NY, I'm surrounded by lakes and rivers, and they always flood when it rains like this. The other problem is that we had some snowfall from Monday that hadn't totally melted, so that made the problem worse!

In my area specifically we had the largest rainfall amount of 3.26 inches! After I got home, I found puddles in the basement. It wasn't so bad, just a 30 minute cleanup.

At the old house in NJ, we had about 6" or more of water in the basement, which we had to collect in buckets and toss outside. If only we had a wet/dry vac...

shouldn't the homes have a floor drain? Mine does.
6" of water, isn't that above the sill?
Gail's house barely flooded and they had to remove the base boards and watch for mold.
I got a wet and dry vac for $150 at Costco to clean the dog shit from the rug.
I'll probably try to use it on that cat piss stain on the Nicol's rug.
I am still resentful that Charles let it happen and never took responsibility to clean it.
It happened back when he lived there the first time, before he got tossed out.
after a year out of the house I let him move back in.
He stayed in the room with it rolled up, for the past year and still has not addressed it.
He had the house a total of 5 years, that is 1/2 the total # of years I have been out.
I think he should take care of the rug and even clean the rest of the rugs as a thank you for the $200-$400 {cheap rent he was paying
I was going to buy an apartment building so I rented a rug doctor & cleaned all 6 units.
When the deal fell thru I didn't even complain!

I find it so strange that some people have no sense of responsibility or care.
I can be lazy at times, but when I know that I have to do something, I push myself to do it.
You have to be a special kind of lazy to not clean up cat piss and shit! I used to be friends with two brothers who were (and most likely still are) that way. They refused to even clean up after themselves, let alone their dogs.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yes the basements here have floor drains. And that is 6" (inches) not 6' (feet). Actually, at the old house in NJ, the flooding was caused by the floor drain being closed. When left open, no water gets in. It's like it happend through pressure rather than a poor foundation.

At this house, it seems the water was coming from the chimney. I could see that it was wet all around it (the chimney is in the center of the house). The house's gutters are clogged, and when it rains, water just pours off the roof flooding around the foundation. There's a sub-pump here, but the clogged gutters only makes the damn thing work harder than it should.
that house sounds like "mold central"

yes, a special kind of person ..
He had no brush to clean the tub/shower .. he lived there how long? :ew:
He was helpful once I got the Mr. Clean eraser pads
He likes rubbing the dirt off things so he did some of that while I mopped and vacuumed.
It still looks like nothing has been done, especially here.
Trying to get shit out and clean before you get here is in his father's hands..
If he doesn't do it we'll have to rent a truck 1 st thing ..
Charles thinks his father might help us outt with the truck but there is no plan yet. Confusedigh:
ibook down!
I am not liking being on line these days.
I am hating computers.
start up hand hold down X isn't working
It won't reinstall .. ah fuck it! I have too much to do!
the lawns ned theweed eater now!
gotten too high!
too many sunny days
As big as this job sounds, it will take some time before it looks like anything is accomplished. I know when I was moving from my old place to where I am now, I found myself saying, "Geez! How much shit do I have?!" It took several back-and-forth trips to get all of the small stuff out.

As for cleaning, for me, I may not straighten things up every weekend like some people do, just when I think it's needed. Vaccuming should be done once a week regardless who you are. Dust mites can double up on the dust with their own waste if they're not cleaned out... however, I'm not much for dusting. I only dust whatever's within an arm's reach. With my allergies, I should do better.

tomorrow Cjarles' Dad said he'd drive the truck, we have to load and unload it.
THis may be the last night I stay in here.
If the bed goes and the TV ..
the food and all the kitchen stuff is not yet moved :headache:

..trying not to tink about it because it is the end of an era.

Not staying on line, too much to do!

I want to get this house vacuumed and wash the tub
and get new shower curtains
all before you get here.
"I want to get this house vacuumed and wash the tub
and get new shower curtains
all before you get here."

Thanks for doing that!

I wish I was there already to help with the heavy lifting. You should know that I'm limited due to my scoliosis, but only slightly. Some people treat me like an invalid because of it, but I know what I'm capable of.

My landlord is back, and I can't wait for Sunday!
I don't suppose you can up the flight to a sooner date?

I am getting confused .. the weather there is 4º above zero?
I hope it isn't too hot for you out here.
No I can't move the date sooner. I'm working in NJ till Friday, and I already made arrangements with my brother to drop me off at the airport on Sunday morning.

The temp here was below zero if you count the wind chill. It'll be 50° on Saturday. We get fucked up weather here.

It snowed this morning. Took me 2.5 hours to get to work. I think I heard that there were 400 accidents in the northeast today. Strangely enough, there wasn't even that much snow on the ground, just enough to make it slippery (though, I had no problems personally... I rarely do). I think most people misjudged the roads, and thought they could go faster.
sounds like you shouldn't try to fly till the weather is above freezing.
you say it will hit 50º on saturday?
I'm wishing you a safe flight :plane:
Frank brought the good weather along with him [in the 70's] it has been setting new records.
the evening news is showing people in S.F. [including former Mayor Willie Brown]
sitting outside at one of those neighborhood eateries, like the one we stopped at on Sunday afternoon.
My ork & mess is piling up. It has been too warm to do any [hard] work.

It's pouring rain over here. Basements are flooding, rivers and sewers overflowing... there are ponds where backyards used to be. It's a real mess out there. As soon as my camera charges I'm taking some photos.
here's a pic of my neighbor's backyard. If it were colder they could have a skating rink for their daughter.
is that their entire yard?
".. rivers and sewers overflowing..." {see any turds bobbing?

It was raining here for 45 days in a row, back in Dec. 92-Jan 93.
People near the Russian River had to be picked up from their rooftops.
Propane tanks bobbed and floated along with the turds and all that was in the path.

for us, the Russian River over-flowing is a normal part of life.
It doesn't happen every year but it is not unexpected.

got a rubber raft handy?
The flooding was so bad that my little brother was stuck at work. The highway he takes to get home collapsed at one spot, so it was closed down.

When I watch the local news, it's the same areas that have the worst flooding. It begs the question, "Should anyone be living there in the first place?" I keep seeing photos of Wayne, NJ become a shallow brown lake over the years. To happen once in a while is one thing, but to happen anytime we have a heavy downpour gets me thinking that maybe the people there should find a new town to live in.

It's our rainy season now, though, we have spurts of rain like this every year. I have only live in this part of New York for about 3 years, and I can recall at least 5 times there has been bad flooding here. Why let people live someplace that sucks? Before anyone tries to answer that question, I should let you know that this is a very wealthy area.

Anyway, it's been dreary and cold around here since I got back.
Frankybonz Wrote:The flooding was so bad that my little brother was stuck at work. The highway he takes to get home collapsed at one spot, so it was closed down.
That sounds major
Frankybonz Wrote:When I watch the local news, it's the same areas that have the worst flooding. It begs the question, "Should anyone be living there in the first place?" I keep seeing photos of Wayne, NJ become a shallow brown lake over the years. To happen once in a while is one thing, but to happen anytime we have a heavy downpour gets me thinking that maybe the people there should find a new town to live in.
how about building it up? like homes along the Russian River that are built on stilts?
Frankybonz Wrote:It's our rainy season now, though, we have spurts of rain like this every year. I have only live in this part of New York for about 3 years, and I can recall at least 5 times there has been bad flooding here. Why let people live someplace that sucks? Before anyone tries to answer that question, I should let you know that this is a very wealthy area.
ya mean "they do it because they can"?
for what it's worth, the rich people in Berkeley live right in the crack of the Hayward Fault.
I think they are being arrogant.
does arrogance and prospertiy always go 'arm in arm'?
Frankybonz Wrote:Anyway, it's been dreary and cold around here since I got back.
<= a reason to go [now] to France?
B.J.sent me something, I forwarded to you, it was regarding job applications in Calif.
She is the programmer I told you about who works for the State.
The weather here is terrrific!
There were strong winds around sunset yesterday, making for clear skies.
Today is a nippy 48º at 8:30 a.m.
.. they're showing the Claremont Hotel on Channel 2 News now.
If I were not hearing about all the bad stuff going on other places I might be inclined to think
~ all is well with the world~

I see rentals in the Sausilito area ..
looking a bit Greenish today
[attachment=208]
hey Frakybonz, howz the weather?
I saw this, it made me think of your cartoon character [attachment=257]