Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coffee~time
as I was typing the above, yet another mouse fell victim to the lure of garbage can.
I thought my eyes were playing tricks, the cord barely moved. I saw a shape in the darkness, hiding still as can be, about 1/2 way up the cord.
I flung it and off the mouse went! Before I could grab it out, the mouse got on it again!
that was close!
I shook it off, pulled the cord out and lidded the can.
each time I have been able to place a box inside the can, the mice get inside the box and I extract it, moving it to the lock down ward.
now there are two boxes and 5 mice in lock down.
one more to be placed inn there and lord knows how many more to be caught!
that is 6 captives, 5 in less than 24 hr. including the 3 caught all at once.
now I have a problem .. one is dead.
probably the same one I caught by it's self early yesterday.
for it didn't react right .. not afraid of me, not going inside the box to hide.
I did see two of the tiny ones square off on each other, did they kill it?
now I have the problem of getting it out of there without letting the rest jump out!
there is still one inside the garbage can, waiting to me moved to the cell block.

the shout box has been updated, did you see the file I sent?
same for the site.
can those files set up a forum like this for us that we can control?
I found this some other place online, but PETA was cheaper by nearly half!

http://www.petacatalog.org/prodinfo.asp?number=HP200
I saw those. I don't know, but my guess would be no.

Annette Wrote:the shout box has been updated, did you see the file I sent?
same for the site.
can those files set up a forum like this for us that we can control?
my guess is yes based on what I read people were doiing to "upgrade"" their forums
we do not have access to do what they were doing, uploading the files and such.
the guy who posted to me, "go ahead and build your forum, son't worry the upgrade will make a difference" {he is wrong, I read it makes us lose our changes to the board styles.

So, do you think we should hunt for hosting and make this completely ours?

If that's the case, we could even go back to having the same type of place that forumer uses for simplicity sake.
I think we will like this better if we are able to really use it

if it is possible to not be 'beholding' to a bunch of 'script kiddies' I'd LOVE that!
I don't have the capacity to do a lot of uploading given my dial up connection
I could float you some money to set up a site we own.
As long as I get to fart around and do stuff, not like that site bready set up I couldn't do a damn thing!
I want to make everything we have work, the chat, the RSS,(that works!) all the gadgets we have, I want to exploit them for our pleasure. I just can't do it alone. I need YOU!
"if it is possible to not be 'beholding' to a bunch of 'script kiddies' I'd LOVE that!"

yeah, I see that a lot. But mostly in places that are seemingly dead. Even though most of the time it's only you and me here, there is the sense of activity.

Either way, it's a concern.
Well, last I checked the cheapest place I found was around 60-70 a year. That's not including any sort of setup fees or a domain rental (you never really own a domain name).

I can keep searching around though.
the more we invest ourselves into this themore we should think about consequences
the forums I saw were very telling..
the posts said, the then value was $2,000 it was sold by it's creators
they seem to be at the .net site and not at our support forum
this is a big thing, I think.
the most recent, Nov 7th 2006 post from the Bolton guy said he is having less time for createmybb
he names other key people who have left as well.
this doesn't sound like we are in the hands of anyone I"d trust.
just a look at the # of hours their admins have been at their site is Very Telling.

I think we could upload the zip for the createmybb 1.2 and their shouts to another server/host/site.

can we try?
other wise, the 2d path is back to where we were.
asking 'limez to consolidate the two forums, both in his charge, ours is still unable to send us any notices!
it is slower than any other site, just try going there...
There is the possibility he would move the old site tot he new one
meetingplace19. {it has a shorter URL, I just don't remember it
that host that took us over claims to be The Biggest free forum host
We have no freedom there to create like we do here
it just depends on what you want from the experience.
if there were nothing to learn, nothing to make better,
you might be bored?
I can do what I was originally planning, and try putting something up on my server on a new directory. I don't want to get into this just to find out starting up is a pain in the ass after spending money on a new server and so on.

I don't know what to anticipate, it could be the easiest thing in the world for all I know.
I found the place to effect what we see on the portal page, I just don't know how to use it. go to chhange board settings and the upper corner, "manage" then the list appears it is waaaaaaaay down there
look for "PortaL"

* have you seen the RSS feed from here?
go to the old site and take a look!
Frankybonz Wrote:I can do what I was originally planning, and try putting something up on my server on a new directory. I don't want to get into this just to find out starting up is a pain in the ass after spending money on a new server and so on.

I don't know what to anticipate, it could be the easiest thing in the world for all I know.

is it possible to see what that file will do? without hurting anything of yours? if it makes a forum, with all the controls (FTP)?

I am getting distracted by the activity in the aquarium
the mice are jumping and darting around .. I have to figure out how to get that corpse out before it begins to stink!

I have to get that one, from the can to the cage.
trouble is, the way I do that is to let it hide in a box, then move the box
I have now two boxes inn the aquarium, the mice seem to be using it like a condo.
no room at the inn so to squeak
Like I said, I'll see what needs to be done. I'll let you know how it goes.
btw, I saw the image of the peta trap.

it is interestinghow they willingly go into tiny spaces, thereby getting trapped.

My way is a bit more competitive; I have to be there and actively participate.
it has become a game I play too well .. tip toe in and see if they are down the cord, in the can, eating the dry cat food.
it takes but a few seconds for them to grab the cord and race up and out to freedom.
I have to grab it, shake them off and cover the can.

the way I riggged it before, I placed a piece of paper across the open top, sprinkled some international coffee powder (these go for chocolate)
and they 'drop' right in on their own. :la:
Frankybonz Wrote:Like I said, I'll see what needs to be done. I'll let you know how it goes.
I registered at both those forums to learn more, the .net site is wehre to go
they were talking about stuff I am unfamiliar with.
the names of the developers we see in the CP, they are there.
I can't whip out the bookmark, I am in Opera and it isnn't in there yet.
this thing will import them, I think ..
this morning I posted all the urls I found before I cleared the decks.
it said "community" and it was a .net

you had your heat up? did your thermostat break?
the other night it dropped to 35º and was just 37 at daylight.
my space heater is on full blast even now.

hah!

So, how do you get rid of them then?

---------------------------------------------

Listen, I have to get going. It's starting to get dark around here, and I want to beat the dinner crowd to the road.

The house is finally cooling off. There's enough heat in this place to keep it warm through the night. I sleep better when it's cold anyway.
Annette Wrote:I registered at both those forums to learn more, the .net site is wehre to go
they were talking about stuff I am unfamiliar with.
the names of the developers we see in the CP, they are there.
I can't whip out the bookmark, I am in Opera and it isnn't in there yet.
this thing will import them, I think ..
this morning I posted all the urls I found before I cleared the decks.
it said "community" and it was a .net

Thanks, I'll be sure to go there.

Quote:you had your heat up? did your thermostat break?
the other night it dropped to 35º and was just 37 at daylight.
my space heater is on full blast even now.

It wasn't me. I'll tell you all about it when I get back.
Frankybonz Wrote:hah!

So, how do you get rid of them then?

---------------------------------------------

Listen, I have to get going. It's starting to get dark around here, and I want to beat the dinner crowd to the road.

The house is finally cooling off. There's enough heat in this place to keep it warm through the night. I sleep better when it's cold anyway.

Getting rid of them? one was killed last night, maybe they'll trim their own population?
Not likeley1 I think they are sending out the signal to move in!
My cat died and these babies are the right age to have been born here after her death.
Letting the caught ones escape to the waaay back of the yard, hoping the cat who lives out there will see they do not get back across it's length?
tighten up the security of my borders, the vents need new screens.
get another (indoor) cat?
the one that lives in the yard is a big pig! no9t having my house smell thik his previous owner's did!
he has not been interested in mice, though I hope that will now change.
I fed him my accidental kill last week.

I don't know how I will handle this, there are more than I thought there'd be.
I used a fish net to extract the casualty and gave it a burial at sea :flush:
the captive in the can was easily coerced into a plastic juice bottle = how stupid they are!
once inside I used the fishnet to close his exit and grabbed the whole thing with a garbage bag.
turns out, the weight of the juice bottle was sufficent to trap the small creature. After I placed the bottle in the aquarium (the rest were hiding in their boxes)
I had to lift the bottle off of it, taking it from the cage... saving it for the next one to succum to the seduction of the garbage can .. a bit of dry cat food is all that' in there.
the poor dogs, I have their food in cans and they have to remind me to uncover them!
We are used to them having access all the time, prolly what the mice liked..
I think I need another :kittycream: