Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coffee~time
what's with the new 'members'?
today a young couple liked it enough to lay down 800 deposit for a june 1st move in date. :woohoo:
The other night on Leno this woman brought out one of these [attachment=157]
ever hear what it is they do?
I swear, I thought it was all b.s. not K.S. :lol:

This, evidently, is true:

the Kopi Luwak story

The Luwak (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) denizen of the coffee (kopi) plantations of Java, Sumatra, and Sulawesi, eats only the ripest coffee cherries.

Unable to digest the coffee beans the Luwak graciously deposits them on the jungle floor where they are eagerly collected by the locals.

The stomach acids and enzymatic action involved in this unique fermentation process produces the beans for the world’s rarest coffee beverage.

[attachment=158] :ew:

Yup, I've heard of this. My sister had some of that coffee when she was in college. Her roommate was from Singapore. She brewed up some of the coffee, and offered it to my sister. After my sister commented on how good it tasted, that's when her roommate decided to tell her how it's made. You can imagine how my sister felt after that.

Her roommate also snacked on chocolate covered grasshoppers too. They eat weird stuff out there.
"You can imagine how my sister felt after that." {not really :barf: :puke1:

I should never travel!} "Her roommate also snacked on chocolate covered grasshoppers too"

..speaking of traveling, what about France? are you going
before you become steadily employed and can't go?
I'm too tired to sign in .. delete the spammer

I think I hear what Vicki hears .. it is a hum coming from the HD

sooooooo tired!
one more week and I had over the keys to the renters.
I laid the fake lawn today and they let their dog play on it.
He is a 5 month old husky but he is small and very very sweet!
Got to get a new door handle for the front door, it is actually the one from the bathroom door.
lots more to do down there.
The following is an actual advertisement in an Irish newspaper.
Automobile for Sale
1985 Blue Volkswagen

Only 50 miles. Only first gear and reverse ever used.
Never driven hard. Original tires. Original brakes.
Original fuel and oil.
Only 1 driver. Owner wishing to sell due to employment lay-off.

Photo attached ---
[attachment=161]
hello all - swinging by for now

cheers
Who's the guy with the gun? [attachment=162]
he's mike hammer from the film noir classic "Kiss Me Deadly".

Nice chap. If you don't answer his questions he slaps you.
I didn't see that movie.
There was a tv series called Hammer .. a guy and a gal, "detectives" I think
they went around busting bad guys.
Your guy looks like a "bad guy"

I saw in your profile: "where are you?" and you answer "behind you with a gun"

Do you like to shoot guns? I do! [attachment=163]
That's the same character played by Stacey Keech (?) in the TV series.

The only gun I shoot is the one for making babies with. :p
jdsalcedo Wrote:That's the same character played by Stacey Keech (?) in the TV series?
No, who ever "Mike Hammer" was in the tv series I never saw him in anything else.
That Stacey Keech has a hair lip :ew:
I remember him from a CHeech and Chong flick.
jdsalcedo Wrote:The only gun I shoot is the one for making babies with. :p

Led Zeplin called it a "love gun" but
the analogy has me thinking it is the wrong choice for a metaphore because
:woody: one is meant for giving life, the other is made to take it away udie
:madmama: this site refused to accept my image!
Hey JD! How's tricks?
Jd, where'd ya go?? the old forum is sending email again!
tou left those two "kids" at the age of 8
remember?
I remember! Damn!

*thinks of typing*

:-)
got :writers_block:
what's the difference be tween bigfoot n an intelligent man? - rumours persist .
bigfoot has been glimpsed... a time or two

... talking about
THE IMPORTANCE OF USING THE CORRECT E-MAIL ADDRESSES !

A couple from Minneapolis decided to go to Florida for a long weekend to thaw out during one particularly icy winter. Because both had busy jobs, they had difficulty coordinating their travel schedules. It was decided that the husband would fly to Florida on a Thursday, &the wife would follow him the next day. Upon arriving as planned, the husband checked into the hotel. There he decided to open his laptop &send his wife an e-mail back in Minneapolis. However, he accidentally left off one letter in her address, & sent the e-mail without realizing his error. In Houston, a widow had just returned from her husband's funeral. He had been a minister for many years, who had been "called home to GLORY" following a heart attack. The widow checked her e-mail, expecting messages from family &friends. Upon reading the first message, she fainted &fell to the floor. The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mom on the floor, & saw the computer screen which read:
"To: My Loving Wife" "From: Your Departed Husband" "Subject: I've Arrived!" "I've just arrived & have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then! Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was. P.S. Sure is hot down here!"

A woman came home to find her husband in the kitchen shaking frantically, almost in a dancing frenzy, with some kind of wire running from his waist towards the electric kettle. Intending to jolt him away from the deadly current, she whacked him with a handy plank of wood, breaking his arm in two places. Up to that moment, he had been happily listening to his Walkman.

This is a joke that should bring you luck.

An elderly woman walked into the Bank of Canada one morning with a purse full of money. She wanted to open a savings account and insisted on talking to the president of the Bank because, she said, she had a lot of money. After many lengthy discussions (after all, the client is always right) an employee took the elderly woman to the president's office. The president of the Bank asked her how much she wanted to deposit She placed her purse on his desk and replied, "$165,000". The president was curious and asked her how she had been able to save so much money. The elderly woman replied that she made bets. The president was surprised and asked, "What kind of bets?" The elderly woman replied, "Well, I bet you $25,000 ! that your testicles are square." The president started to laugh and told the woman that it was impossible to win a bet like that. The woman never batted an eye. She just looked at the president and said, "Would you like to take my bet?" "Certainly", replied the president. "I bet you $25,000 that my testicles are not square." "Done", the elderly woman answered. "But given the amount of money involved, if you don't mind I would like to come back at 10 o'clock tomorrow morning with my lawyer as a witness." "No problem", said the president of the Bank confidently. That night, the president became very nervous about the bet and spent a long time in front of the mirror examining his testicles, turning them this way and that, checking them over again and again until he was positive that no one could consider his testicles as square and reassuring himself that there was no way he could lose the bet. The next morning at exactly 10 o'clock the elderly woman arrived at the president's office with her lawyer and acknowledged the $25,000 bet made the day before that the president's testicles were square. The president confirmed that the bet was the same as the one made the day before. Then the elderly woman asked him to drop his pants etc. so that she and her lawyer could see clearly. The president was happy to oblige. The elderly woman came closer so she could see better and asked the president if she could touch them. "Of course", said the president. "Given the amount of money involved, you should be 100% sure." The elderly woman did so with a little smile. Suddenly the president noticed that the lawyer was banging his head against the wall. He asked the elderly woman why he was doing that and she replied, "Oh, it's probably because I bet him $100,000 that around 10 o'clock in the morning I would be holding the balls of the President of the Bank of Canada!"

:ROFL:
Hi ya..this place is very speedy with the the servers. :parrot:
I wish I could get to this place at work. They are a bunch of internet blocker nerds. I can't even check gmail. I get quite a bit of down time at work and would like to do something other than read news or check the weather.
Today I got this from Digg **believe it they let me look at Digg**

What American accent do you have? (Best version so far)

My Results:

[Image: full_537664926.jpg]

Northern

You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for.

Try it here:Quiz
I got northern also. Totally inaccurate. There's no mention of other pronunciations, like the word "orange." Some pronounce it with an "O" sound and where I'm from in the north east, we say "are-ange". Another example is the word "presentation." I have a friend from upstate NY (one of the highlighted sections for northern), and she pronounces it "pree-sentation." where I say "prea-sentation" ("ea" like "bread").

The other thing is that, having lived in New Jersey for most of my life (20 minutes from NYC), I can tell you that in that small little state, there are several different accents there depending on the area (and I don't just mean neighborhood).

Suffice to say, I was surprised at how short that quiz was.

PS: Please don't kick me for taking something like this too seriously :-P
I'm using this like we used to do until that shout box is private.
I have [accidently] blocked ALL new registrations
I'm thinking of leaving it so, since we have brought everyone here ourselves
accept "Bullet" who seems to have passed right through
I guess that's fine. It'll keep the spammer from trying to do anything for a while.
aren't you curious as to who it was?
I'm puzzled as to [what is] their reward for wasting the time it takes to register
.. over and over and over
the old setting would alow two names to sign up from the same IP every 24 hrs.
maybe that kept them from making more each time?
coming back again and again is just seems nutty.
They could have left a link to a spam site but they don't
I do not see their motive unless it is just to harass.
that's what makes me think it is someone we know.

thinking of looking thru the old forum's user list of IPs they registered with
but it is gone from the Cp {thanks, (s)limez
It could be someone you or I might know, but there is still the possibility that it was a bot-spammer.

Online con artists seem to have all the time in the world to do what they do. Now that more and more people are getting educated, I really wonder who's getting fooled other than the elderly or stupid kids. I mean, where is it worth while as a full-time crook?