Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coffee~time
I hope the place they sent you today is okay.
The place in NJ is alright. It's a little filthy and dusty, but I can see the air vents are not black, and probably cleaned as often as they should be. I would love to get hired just so I can set up permanent residence (so to speak) at a workstation and clean everything from stem to stern. The people around there love to touch monitors. I hate that.

I'm very sensitive to bad air quality. Maybe it's from growing up with chain-smoking parents, or from constant exposure to the paint and turpentine fumes at my dad's art studio... could be a number of reasons. This place I'm working at I'm only bothered by the dry air, but that's due to the cold weather.
no indications yet? do u go back tomorrow?
http://www.your-free-satellite.com/ {that add came up again, satellite tv via the web

tonight's episode of The Girls Next Door was good.
I missed it.

Yes, I go back tomorrow. I have no clue if I'm going to be hired. Being there as a temp to hire is seeming more "temp" than anything.
they don't have to pay benefits I guess? getting late again..
going thru the agency protects them against commitments to pay your health care and etc?
I am told worker's compensation is so high they can't afford the workers
some companies can only hire a certain number without paying more
It's all true.

With the money I hear this company is raking in, It makes me wonder what's really going on.

before I started working there, I was told that they didn't take in freelancers, only people they intend on hiring. So, when I started working there as a freelancer, I was pretty hopeful, especially since I was the only temp there. Now there are 4 freelancers. 2 of them I can say know far less than I do. That's not to say they're bad at what they do, but they lack some technical knowlegde of the programs. It's one thing to ask questions about the workflow, or products and so on, but to ask question on how to use the programs that are used everywhere in the industry is something else.

If one of those two get hired before I do, I swear I'll kick someone's ass!
what is your guess for the longevity of the company?
Do you think they will be there for the next decade?
or get bought out?

*after thought .. I liked owning my own business
can you work on stuff that isn't tied to another person?
push some of your creations?
you are clever and witty and you can create the images to show case both
you said you were in advertising at one point?
Hi I am in SLC and this hotels internet sucks..they charge 10 bucks a day for ethernet and 4 dollars per 15minutes for wired. I am stuck where I am and nothing within walking distance. Oh well there goes the plans to surf.
the ethernet won't work?
isn't it the one that looks like the phone line but wider?
if you get free minutes on your cell phone, Call Me!
tonight is Bad Girls on Oxygen and tomorrow is this crazy lady's modeling show,
Janet Dickenson.

Idea can you get on to a phone line?
you can get fastermac for $8 for an entire month.
it has nation wide toll free phone numbers.
any where you go, just change the call out # to a local one.
there is nothing to download, it works instantly.
they are open 24 hours
OWC other world computing

The older I get, the more i enjoy Saturday mornings.

Perhaps it's the quiet solitude that comes with being the first to rise, or maybe it's the unbounded joy in not having to go to work.

Either way, the first few hours of a Saturday morning are the most enjoyable,

A few weeks ago, I was shuffling toward the

garage, with a steaming cup of coffee in one hand, and the morning paper in the other.

What began as a typical Saturday morning, turned into one of those lessons life seems to hand you, from time to time.

Let me tell you about it:

I turned the dial up into the phone portion of the ham radio band in order to listen to a Saturday morning swap net.

Along the way, I came across an older sounding chap, with a tremendous signal and a golden voice.

You know the kind; he sounded like he should be in the broadcasting business.

He was telling, whomever he was talking with, something about "a thousand marbles."

I was intrigued and stopped to listen to what he had to say.

"Well, Tom, it sounds like you're busy with your job.

"I'm sure they pay you well, but it's a shame you have to be away from home and family so much.

"Hard to believe a young fellow should have to work sixty or seventy hours a week, to make ends meet.

"It's too bad you missed your daughter's dance recital," he continued.

"Let me tell you something that has helped me keep my own priorities straight."

And that's when he began to explain his theory of a "thousand marbles".

"You see, I sat down one day, years back, and did a little arithmetic.

"The average person lives about 75 years.

I know, some live more and some less, but on average, folks live about seventy-five years.

"Now then, I multiplied 75 times 52, and I came up with 3900, the number of Saturdays the average person has in their entire lifetime.

"Now, stick with me, Tom, I'm getting to the important part.

"It took me until I was fifty-five years old to think about all this in any detail", he went on, "and by that time, I had lived through over twenty-eight hundred Saturdays."

"I got to thinking, if I lived to be 75, I only had about a thousand of them left, to enjoy.

" So I went to a toy store, and bought every single marble they had.

"I ended up having to visit three toy stores to round up 1000 marbles.

"I took all them home, and put them inside a large, clear, plastic container, right here in the shack, next to my gear."

"Every Saturday since then, I have taken one marble out and given it away, to a small child.

"I found, by watching the marbles diminish, I could focus more on the really important things in my life.

"There is nothing like watching your time, here on this earth, run out, to help you realize what needs doing."

"Now, let me tell you one last thing, before I sign off with you, and take my lovely wife out for breakfast.

"This morning, I took the very last marble out of the container.

"I figure, if I make it until next Saturday, I have been given a little extra time.

"And the one thing we can all use is a little more time."

"It was nice to meet you Tom, I hope you spend more time with your family, and I hope to meet you again, here on the band.

"This is a 75 year old man, K9NZQ, clear, and going QRT... good morning!"

You could have heard a pin drop on the band when this fellow signed off.

I guess he gave us all a bit to think about.

I had planned to work on the antenna that morning, and then I was going to meet up with a few fellow hams, to work on the next club newsletter....

Instead, I went upstairs, woke up my wife with a kiss, and said, "C'mon honey, I'm taking you and the kids out for breakfast."

"What brought this on?" she asked with a little smile.

"Oh, nothing special, it's just been a long time since we spent a Saturday together, with the kids.

"And hey, can we stop at a toy store while we're out?

" I need to buy a lot of marbles."

A friend sent this to me, so I to you, my friend.
And so, as one smart bear once said: "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred... minus one day... so I never have to live without you!"
~Winnie the Pooh
Chi Gung / Qi Gong one of those aught to be right
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qigong
http://qi-journal.com/Qigong.asp?-token....=QigongFAQ

Qi Gong is the winner, but we were both right. Chi Gong, or Chi Gung are both alternate spellings.
I remember watching a show last year, or the year before that was all about the beliefs and skepticisms of eastern "powers" (for lack of a better term). The first half of the show talked about all sorts of belief systems and practices like acupuncture, Tai Chi, faith healing, and so on. Then they had these skeptics come along to see these practices in person. Their argument was that these things work only because the people involved want them to work, so it's a psychological trick rather than some metaphysical event. Like a form of self hypnosis.
I was at one of John's classes when the old lady tossed peole thru the room
He had his back to her, she revolved her hands in 3 forward rolls ..
Jojn's body took 3 for ward rolls ..
still faced the opposite way, she looked right at me and made her hands go in backward circles, one time slowly and 2 more quick ones

John was not able to see her hands but his body reacted at the time and in the way that she moved her hands.

I do not waste time trying to convince doubters.
people should try things out for them selves
I didn't like the old lady
I told John I'd have to be able to do more than toss people around, not worth the time to learn that.
Now, if it were going to give me the ability to heal, something worth while .. I personally think John and the old lady are on the dark side of the force
"people should try things out for them selves"

^ I agree with that statement.

A lot of people come up with strong opinions based on almost nothing.

The show I saw is worthy of the same skepticism it offered for the reason that I wasn't there to experience it for myself.
http://www.nqa.org/qigong.html

The word Qigong (Chi Kung) is made up of two Chinese words. Qi is pronounced chee and is usually translated to mean the life force or vital-energy that flows through all things in the universe.

The second word, Gong, pronounced gung, means accomplishment, or skill that is cultivated through steady practice. Together, Qigong (Chi Kung) means cultivating energy, it is a system practiced for health maintenance, healing and increasing vitality.

Qigong is an integration of physical postures, breathing techniques, and focused intentions.

Qigong practices can be classified as martial, medical, or spiritual. All styles have three things in common: they all involve a posture, (whether moving or stationary), breathing techniques, and mental focus. Some practices increase the Qi; others circulate it, use it to cleanse and heal the body, store it, or emit Qi to help heal others. Practices vary from the soft internal styles such as Tai Chi; to the external, vigorous styles such as Kung Fu. However, the slow gentle movements of most Qigong forms can be easily adapted, even for the physically challenged and can be practiced by all age groups.

Like any other system of health care, Qigong is not a panacea, but it is certainly a highly effective health care practice. Many health care professionals recommend Qigong as an important form of alternative complementary medicine.

Qigong creates an awareness of and influences dimensions of our being that are not part of traditional exercise programs. Most exercises do not involve the meridian system used in acupuncture nor do they emphasize the importance of adding mind intent and breathing techniques to physical movements. When these dimensions are added, the benefits of exercise increase exponentially.

The gentle, rhythmic movements of Qigong reduce stress, build stamina, increase vitality, and enhance the immune system. It has also been found to improve cardiovascular, respiratory, circulatory, lymphatic and digestive functions.

Those who maintain a consistent practice of Qigong find that it helps one regain a youthful vitality, maintain health even into old age and helps speed recovery from illness. Western scientific research confirms that Qigong reduces hypertension and the incidence of falling in the aged population. One of the more important long-term effects is that Qigong reestablishes the body/mind/soul connection.

People do Qigong to maintain health, heal their bodies, calm their minds, and reconnect with their spirit.

When these three aspects of our being are integrated, it encourages a positive outlook on life and helps eliminate harmful attitudes and behaviors. It also creates a balanced life style, which brings greater harmony, stability, and enjoyment

There are a wide variety of Qigong practices. They vary from the simple, internal forms to the more complex and challenging external styles. They can interest and benefit everyone, from the most physically challenged to the super athlete. There are Qigong classes for children, senior citizens, and every age group in between. Since Qigong can be practiced anywhere or at any time, there is no need to buy special clothing or to join a health club.

Qigong's great appeal is that everyone can benefit, regardless of ability, age, belief system or life circumstances.

Anyone can enrich their lives by adding Qigong to their daily routine. Children learning to channel their energy and develop increased concentration; office workers learning Qigong to reduce stress; seniors participating in gentle movements to enhance balance and their quality of life; caregivers embracing a practice to develop their ability to help others; prisons instituting Qigong programs to restore balance in inmates lives; midwives using Qigong techniques to ease child birth.

When an individual or group assumes responsibility and takes action for their health and healing, we all benefit. It is best to get referrals from people whose judgment you have confidence in. Check the Yellow Pages for Tai Chi schools, acupuncturists, or martial art academies. The National Qigong Association (NQA) directory, www.nqa.org/members is also an excellent source for finding instructors.

Keep in mind the following criteria for choosing a qualified instructor: what is their background and experience; are they of good character; do they treat everyone fairly and with respect; and do they live what they teach; do they refrain from making wild, unsubstantiated claims; do they encourage and bring out a student's highest potential? While keeping these points in mind, remember to trust your intuition in finding an instructor who is right for you.

Does your Instructor live what she or he teaches?
If there are no instructors in your area, many teachers regularly travel to give workshops in all regions of the country. Many excellent instructional books and videos are also available.

While the terms Master and Grandmaster historically had meaning, currently in the West, these terms are more often used for marketing purposes. Many American teachers avoid the titles because of the relaxed student/ teacher relationship we enjoy in this country, and the fact that these titles have been exploited.

Begin by familiarizing yourself with the many resources available for learning Qigong. For example, the internet is one of the best tools today for learning about Qigong. The National Qigong Association (NQA) website

www.nqa.org is one of the better places to start. From the links page, you can access many web sites that offer information about schools, local classes, the latest scientific research, as well as books, magazines and videos.

Seek referrals in your area and visit local classes. Attending the annual NQA conference also provides an introduction to many styles of Qigong and practitioners from around the world.

After you have looked into some of these resources, find a style you feel comfortable with and develop a consistent daily practice. It is recommended by experienced teachers to stay with a form for at least 100 days. A consistent practice is the most important asset you can develop.

When beginners ask, "What is the most important aspect of practicing Qigong?" The answer is always..."just do it."

for more
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Qi+Gong&ei=UTF-8&sourceid=mozilla-search
Wow, see the adds? one for Qi Gong ..

I don't like party pissers.
if they spent more time trying to make stuff happen
and less time trying to say hy it won't happen

i don't care if it is the placebo effect if it makse things better!
did U C the hexagram I pulled about the trip?
Yeah, I saw it, not that I understand it though.
I reread the 4 hexagrams yesterday,
there is another set of hexagrams in the back of the book with slightly different wording.
#14 with one moving line and then it morphs to #38 {even that one doesn't look bad.

My second throw asked for clarity on #38
I got #46 with 2 moving lines and #40.