Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Use Verizon?
I smell :doodoo: here .. has anyone gone with this company?

Here is their disclaimer. you have to click to see it
it is written in such pale text, like they don't want you to read it:

Verizon High Speed Internet is based on DSL technology and provided by Verizon Online. Offer by Verizon Online for all new DSL customers ordering service online. Early termination fee of $79 applies to one year plans. Beginning month 13, monthly rate will increase to the then-current annual contract (w/ renewal) or month-to-month rate. A $19.99 shipping and activation charge will apply to each DSL order. Additional surcharges, taxes, and other fees apply. These include, but are not limited to, a tax recovery fee, where applicable. Service provisioned will be up to 768 Kbps, 1.5 Mbps, or 3.0 Mbps based on Verizon line qualification requirements and package selected. Verizon residential local service may be required. Service not available in all areas or on all telephone lines and subject to final confirmation of services by Verizon. 30-day money back guarantee applies to DSL offers. If you fail to return the equipment, an equipment fee will apply. Minimum system requirements apply. Acceptance of Verizon Online Terms of Service is required. Actual throughput speed will vary. Speed and uninterrupted use of the service are not guaranteed. Home networking requires purchase of a wireless router and may require wireless adaptors and wi-fi cards sold separately. Not all Verizon Yahoo! and MSN features available with Macintosh®. Equipment is a new or fully inspected, tested and warranted return unit. Offer subject to change without notice. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. Other terms and conditions apply. Valid through 1/31/07. © 2007 Verizon. All Rights Reserved.
I use them for my mobile phone, but not internet. I've known for a long time that DSL sucks and isn't worth the money. They do offer a new service called FIOS which is run though fiber optic cables (DSL is run off of copper). My friend has it and says it's great.
Verizon owns cable somewhere?
the cable is the fiber optic line, our company was bought out right when they were rewiring the city for that 'broadband'.. now the cable cost for us who only wanted TV has gone up.
I had to quit them a few years back.

[here] I don't think there is an way around using Comcast's line.
since they want to seel the internet too, I doubt Version can use their cable.

what about getting on the internet via a satellite? know anyone to ask about it?

p.s. Verizon was GTE then it was bought out by some telecom co. out your way.
It merged with a few companies before it became Verizon.

it all seems like a nut and shell game. With the same handful of players, it is still a monopoly.
They merged with Bell Atlantic. And yes, it's a monopoly, much like with Comcast or Cablevision. When the consumer has no choice, it's a monopoly.

As for satellite internet, I wouldn't buy into it. Not as reliable as a solid connection.
Frankybonz Wrote:They merged with Bell Atlantic. And yes, it's a monopoly, much like with Comcast or Cablevision. When the consumer has no choice, it's a monopoly.

As for satellite internet, I wouldn't buy into it. Not as reliable as a solid connection.

someone just bought out bell south too, it is hard to tell who is who
yahoo/dish network and A.T.& T. are linking up, one of them bought out Bell South just recently.

I have a satellite connection for tv and believe me, the cable was out more often and for longer!
reason may be, they won'[t even look for a failure till "enough" people call in.
how many is enough?
I would be watching in the daytime and not one house on my street was watching.
either they didn't have cable or they were at work [trying to pay for it]
It would take 1/2 a day for them to admit there was an outage!
when ever I have lost my signal, it automatically reEstablishes it's self within a few minutes.
I would think it is the same for the connection to the net.

Some commercials, maybe they are missleading, they say that if there are too many households on the cable interenet line at the same time it slows dramatically and can even prevent you from logging on.

Is Direct TV the ONLY company who has internet by satellite?